It provides the knowledge required to understand, implement and build custom no-code solutions with Microsoft Dynamics 365. The first part covers the configuration of Organizations and its settings, working with business units, users, and teams, implementing role-based security, multilingual user interface settings, currencies and exchange rates. The second part of the course covers all the customizations aspects of Microsoft Dynamics 365. Students will learn how to create and work with solutions, create custom entities and attributes, design forms, views, charts, and dashboards, add relationships and attribute mappings. Next, you will learn how to automate business processes using Processes like Workflows, Dialogs and Business Process Flows.
No prior knowledge of Dynamics 365 is necessary.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 technology overview
This module introduces the basic concepts of Dynamics 365. Students will learn how to navigate Dynamics 365, how to use forms and views to interact with data in Dynamics 365. You will also get an overview on how you can search for data in Dynamics 365.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 concepts and terminology
- Architectural overview of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Overview of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 User Interface
- Understand the concept of business apps inside Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Navigating between business apps
- Navigating Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Using the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Command Bar
- Record management in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Working with Editable Grids
- Searching for records in Microsoft Dynamics 365
Introduction to Customization and Solutions
Solutions are used to group related customizations together and package and deploy them as a single unit. This chapter explains how customizers can create Publishers and Solutions inside Dynamics 365. The module also explains the difference between Managed and Unmanaged Solutions and how to work with each of them.
- Introduction to Customizing Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Recognize opportunities to extend Microsoft 365
- Working with Publishers and Solutions
- Difference between Managed and Unmanaged Solutions
- Importing and Exporting Solutions
- Versioning solutions
- Introducing the App and Site Map Designer
- Building a Security Model in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Business Units and their role in security modeling
- Define Privileges and access levels in Security Roles
- Creating and maintaining users in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Team management
- Defining Hierarchy Security
- The difference between Manager vs. Position hierarchy
- Configuring Hierarchy Security
Entities are used to model business data in Dynamics 365. Students will learn how to define their own custom entities, discovery all the settings and properties that an entity has and work with the built-in entities.
- Create custom Entities in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- defining Entity Ownership
- Defining custom Activity Entities
- The configurable properties of an Entity
- Deleting Entities and its implications
- Assigning Entity icons
- Translating entities
In Microsoft Dynamics 365, fields define the individual data items that can be used to store data in an entity. In this module, we will talk about the different data types and formats that Dynamics 365 supports when defining fields. Also, the concept of calculated and rollup fields will be covered in this module.
- Adding custom fields to Entities
- Supported field data types
- Working with Option Sets
- Using the Image data type
- Using the Status and Status Reason field
- Working with Calculated and Rollup Fields
- Plan, create and configure Entity Relationships in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Define possible relationship types – 1:N, N:N
- Using 1:N relationships
- Working with automatic with N:N relationships
- Working with manual with N:N relationships
- Connections and Connection Roles
- Defining self-referential relationships
- Defining hierarchy visualizations.
In Microsoft Dynamics 365, forms provide the main user interface that people will interact with when they work with their data. In this module, a participant will learn how to create forms, position fields in forms, optimize forms for mobile devices…
- Define the structure of Forms
- How to add, remove or modify the components of a Form
- Placing image fields on forms
- How to configure and use Quick Create and Quick View forms
- Compare form layouts for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Tablets and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Phones clients
- Optimizing forms for mobile devices
- Implement form level security
In this module, the participant will learn how to create business rules that can be used to validate data, show/hide certain fields based on conditions…
- Describe the uses of Business Rules
- How to create and apply Business Rules
- Defining the scope of Business Rules
- Business Rules limitations
Inside Dynamics 365 views are used to display a list of records for a specific entity. The participant will learn how to define what columns a view will display, how to filter and sort data in a view.
- Examine the different types of system, public
and personal Views
- Detail the usage of the different system views
- Discover how to create new public views and modify existing Views of all types.
- Configuring the Editable Grids in Views
Charts and Dashboards
- Create and modify System Charts
- Create and modify System Dashboards
Additional Security Options
In this module, participants learn about the additional security features of Dynamics 365. Field level security allows you to secure the data in individual fields of an entity. With auditing, you can build an audit trail of which user has modified what data inside Dynamics 365. And Access Teams can be used to make it more performant and easier to share data inside Dynamics 365
- Working with Field Security
- Configuring and working with Access Teams
- Enabling Auditing in Microsoft Dynamics 365
Automating Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Processes
In this module, participants learn how they can automate tasks inside Dynamics 365 using Processes.
- Describe the purpose of automating processes
- Describe the different Processes available in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Creating and modifying a Workflow
- Using Workflows
- Creating and modifying a Dialog
- Using Dialogs
- Creating and modifying a Business Process Flow
- Using Business Process Flows
Theming Microsoft Dynamics 365
- What is a Theme?
- Creating a custom Theme
- Setting a default Theme
Customizing the Site Map in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- What is the Site Map?
- Structure of the Site Map
- Modifying the Site Map