What is SAP MDG:
SAP MDG is an acronym for SAP Master Data Governance, which is an exceptional master data management solution supporting in centralized creation, distribution, and consolidation of master data across complete 360-degree enterprise system. This is usually acclaimed as a state-of-the-art master data management solution because of its domain-specific support. It helps in managing the discipline and consistency of material data across the entire business network. Depending on SAP’s standard data models, SAP MDG provides governance for specifically shortlisted master data materials by forming a life cycle of applications. It is so powerful and precise that not just multiple but even a single version of master data works with increased and standard efficiency.
Master data governance is actually an extension of running business processes which are needed for the expandability and adaptation to customer specific requirements. At Adithya e-learning, we provide online training on SAP MDG (Master Data Governance) with stringent quality procedures to help candidates understand and excel in the real-time situations. We provide access to high-quality recorded sessions and training videos as well for the participants. With a customized curriculum to suit the needs of candidates, we provide 24*7 training assistance and support through our certified and expert trainers.
Learn more n SAP MDG here.
Difference between SAP MDG & MDM:
The following table will clearly specify the differences between SAP MDG & MDM even on features aspect and scenarios aspect as well.
Features SAP MDM SAP MDG ABAP code base Not supported Supported Delivered business content Supported Supported Workflow Supported Supported SAP UI Supported via app Supported Big Data & Cloud support Not supported Supported via app Business Rules Engine Supported via app Supported Integration with SAP Supported via app Supported Validations Supported Supported Reuse SAP business Logic Not supported Supported Handle unstructured content Supported Supported via app Hierarchy & Taxonomy Supported Supported Scenarios SAP MDM SAP MDG Harmonization Supported Supported Via App PIM Supported Supported Via App GDS Supported Not supported SRM catalogue Supported Not Supported CDI (B2B) Supported Supported Via App CDI (B2C) Not Supported Supported Via App Consolidation Supported Not Supported Central Master Data Management Supported Supported PIM Supported Supported Via App
Attend a free demo to understand more on this, click here.
Source: Capgemini/a-comparison-on-sap-nw-mdm-vs-sap-mdg (Slideshare).
1. I create notes
2. I share with you
3. I share the material as and when required
a. Will share recordings, so that you can revisit them at any time
4. I will give homework – as a task to be done
5. We will share the system with the user credentials to practice
6. End – If required I will prepare you guys for interviews – By throwing interview questions
SAP MDG profiles:
1. Technical –
a. SAP ABAP OO
b. SAP ABAP Webdynpro
c. FPM (Floor Plan Manager)
d. BADI Implementations
e. SAP Workflow
a. Material Master
b. Business Partner – Customer and Vendor
c. Financial Objects – Cost Center/Cost Element/Profit center/GL account etc
d. Custom Objects – That means any master can be implemented in MDG
3. Techno-functional – Mix of Tech and Func
MDM –> MDG ==> MDG Sits on the top of MDM
Overcomes flaws or demerits of MDM with some add-on feature.
Aspects of SAP MDG
1. Technical Aspect
Data Modelling –>UI Modelling–> Process Modelling –> Replication Modelling
2. Functional Aspect
25hours – 30 hours(your grasping)
I will share the excel which has the hourly distribution of the course content.
I have an hour for the system setup.
We will make you knowledgeable about the below-mentioned topic:
- We will train you in the primary facets of Data Governance and its features and the principles. The relevance of the business and the organization is also discussed in details. You can also learn to establish the proposition in the market. The networks well understand the well-controlled data enterprise.
- We will also give you separate training on the Watermarking and Report Certification. It will make you aware of the various roles of the certification in the different aspects of the lineage and traceability.
- Our chief focus always lies on the credibility and management of the data. We discuss and form extensive live group discussion on the quality and importance of Data Quality in various fields to be taken into account.
Learn all these multiple faces of Data Handling from https://pvvtechnologies.com/data-governance-training-and-certification/.